Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

Sorry I’m a little late with my New Years wishes. I really don’t know where the time is flying these days. Jessica has been visiting all week and we’ve been keeping ourselves busy. It’s tradition that Jessica is with us for New Years every year, however this year the tradition was slightly broken. Jess got a better offer for New Year’s Eve. I can’t imagine what would be better than hanging around with a bunch of old folks who are anxiously looking at their watches . . . in anticipation . . . so we can go home and go to sleep. That seems to be what our big yearly celebration amounts to. As a matter of fact, this year was so incredibly lame that every single one of the guests at the party we attended left BEFORE the ball dropped. It was mass exodus around 11 PM. We hadn’t planned to go home early, but when the opportunity presented itself, we jumped at it! So Karlo and I were somewhere on Rt. 190 in Staffford (I think) when we pulled the car over to kiss each other a happy new year. It just doesn’t get any better than that! Jessica, on the other hand, had a rockin’ good time, as every teenager should.

I’ve been pondering my New Year’s resolution. I make the same darn resolutions every year and they always fail miserably. Why do I even bother? I am forever trying to drink more water and exercise more, but it never works. I won’t really commit to working out religiously until I have an event to train for. And the water thing, well I have no good excuse for that one. My lips are always so numb, they feel as though they will fall off. I still don’t drink. I’m hopeless.

I think rather than setting some impossible resolution I am just going to try to be as positive as I can be. I am going to try to practice the lessons from “The Secret” as much as I can. It really does take a conscious effort and it’s too easy to quickly forget all about it. The change of the year feels like a fresh clean slate. This will be the year of positive energy and hopefully some good things will come our way.

As far as the dogs go, they have resolved to happily share all their toys with no growling or snipping. So far they are doing great.


1 comment:

lgaumond said...

What a sweet picture! I can't wait to see them on Saturday.