Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Need a Vacation, Or Maybe Not

I'm not sure where the rest of this week went. I've been thinking of all the things I could blog about, but never seem to have the time to get to it. I was forced to take Thursday off from work due to the fact that my face was falling off. The salon girls insisted that it was very important that I didn't pick or pull at the skin that was just barely hanging on. That was the hardest part. Much harder than the fact that I couldn't wear make-up. And I looked ridiculous with skin just hanging on my face. I swear I was shedding more than the dogs, and that is saying something.

I thought a day at home would give me time to catch up on so many different things, but I got sucked into preparing for my taxes for most of the day. Boy did that suck. And I'm still not done. I also started the process of planning for our next vacation. I picked out a tour, settled on a week in May, checked with the tour company on the availability, and I even called the airlines to check on flights. I thought I was well on my way to having a decision made and having part of the planning done. But no, it couldn't be that easy.

I got to work on Friday and realized that I picked the wrong week and because of a trade show conflict it would be better to go one week earlier. I was slightly irritated that I wasted time researching the wrong week, but oh well. I would make the next calls on work time so it wouldn't be that bad. And of course, nothing goes smoothly when it comes to vacation planning. After 20 minutes on the phone with the airlines I discovered all the complications with going the week earlier. Uuuuugh. Now I have to get special permission to ditch the trade show. That means we're going to be delayed by a few more days with booking the flights which raises the chances that seats will no longer be available . . . and guess what started to happen last night? My stinkin' neck and shoulder started to act up. Am I the only one in the world that gets stressed out by the mere thought of a vacation? This is ridiculous. I would be better off staying home!

No comments: