Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What's He Up To Now?

I know the above picture is out of focus, but I couldn't resist posting it because it reminds me of one of my favorite commercials. Can you guess which one?

That part that Karlo is holding is one of the pieces of his latest project. I got such a kick out of him showing all these parts to me that I figured I would document and share. Now, normally this sort of behavior annoys me to no end. We don't even want to discuss the previous 're-purposing' of my yoga mat, golf clubs, etc . . . But this time the re-purposing of objects were not valuable, and more importantly, not my objects so I'm more amused.

First, let me present an old satellite dish holder that the previous owner of the house left behind. This is the same smiley part above:

Next we have part of an old twin bed frame that we were likely never going to use again:

Then there's the scrap metal that Karlo bought home from work. This was part of the packaging that a huge machine got delivered on. Would have otherwise been thrown in the scrap yard:

And lastly we have parts of a trailer axel. I'm not quite sure how or where we had an extra axle kicking around, and if I find out that one of our very useful utility trailers is now out of commission somebody is going to be in a whole lot of trouble:

What on earth is he going to do with all these parts? Well, you'll have to stay tuned. The welding is underway right now and by the looks of my lights dimming I may need to shut the computer down before we blow a fuse. More to follow.

1 comment:

tina said...

i look forward to seeing what he is
going to make and better yet where
he decides to place it, either in
your home or outside in your yard.