Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's Amazing

Uuuuugh, we were on track to finish the 'shack' roofing yesterday evening, but unfortunately we ran out of shingles. The project that will never end. And so much about yesterday's project was amazing . . .
  • It was amazing how much smoother the project went after just one day of experience. I fell into the groove and was better at everything and Karlo was moving twice as fast.
  • It was amazing how calm I was watching Karlo run around on the roof.
  • It was amazing how comfortable I got on the top of the ladder.
  • It was amazing that our dogs stayed outside and laid in the grass watching us. (OK, I may have closed the garage door to force them to stay outside.)
  • It was amazing how genuinely disappointed I was that our work got cut short due to the fact that we ran out of material.
So the saga continues. I hoped and prayed the job would be done before the long weekend because I'm refusing to do any work over the holiday weekend. We'll see how that really goes. And because Tina can't wait to see it, here are a couple of pics:

Here is what the roof looks like with the shingles on it. The 'staging' is still there because I still have more touch up painting to do. Drat.

And here's my painting dilemma. I was originally planning on a black door, but now I'm not sure. Do you think a black door with white trim will look silly? The door trim will stay white (like the window trim). Should I keep the door white? Paint it red? I need color advice. Help! Oooh, sounds like a Photoshop project . . .

No comments: