Sunday, September 20, 2009

Doggie Mayhem

This weekend went to the dogs. In addition to our own two hounds, we had Molly visiting for the weekend . . . and we had another special visitor. It's not everyday you get to 'test drive' the dog of your dreams. Remember last week when I explained how I spotted a unique dog and fell in love with him instantly? Well, that very dog came over for a visit. I thought I was the one that was going to be the one most excited to see him, but it was the rest of the pack that had all the fun . . .

What a handsome devil.

Molly was too cute. Had no trouble keeping up with the big dogs.

Peanut finally got a chance to show off her speed and agility.



This picture is perfect because it gives a size reference for the Doodleman. Bentley seemed to like him too, which is rare for him to like other males. Simon is just too darn irresistible.

I think Peanut fell in love too. She was on him like glue. What a cute couple.


But he's a lady's man and shared his time with the other hottie too.

Let's just say all the dogs slept very good Saturday night!

6 comments:

lgaumond said...

Aww...so cute! This explains why she's been zonked out on the couch ever since we got home. Looks like she had a blast.

Thank you again for watching her, and for showing her such a good time!

michelled said...

That's the first I've heard of a Doodleman. Very cute.

denise said...

Has your friend lost this doodleman, by chance?

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness no. Why? Did you find one like him? If you did and you can't find the owner, he's MINE!

denise said...

I did find one just like him! We adopted our guy from the North Windham Animal Control recently, and have no idea how such a great dog wound up in the pound. They had him listed as a Deerhound mix, but really had no idea what he was and I searched for images online to help find similar mixed breeds, which brought me to your blog. Twins, then, maybe?? We're keepin' this one, so get yer own ;)
Keep Well!

Unknown said...

You lucky dog!!!! Good for you. Best of luck with him. I'm so jealous. Oh wait . . . is he fixed??? If not, I'm gonna find myself a female standard poodle right now and plan on making some puppies :-)