Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Wake Up Call

Boy am I glad to have half of December behind me. So far the past two events (the holiday art sale & my business trip to Orlando) went fairly smoothly. I can feel a little bit of tension releasing as I get further and further into the dreaded month of December. I always have a countdown to Christmas, but usually for different reasons than most. I just want to get through it, ship all my orders, and have happy customers. I have to say my new handy Droid has made this year go much smoother than any year in the past. Thank you Droid.

But one thing did happen before I left for Florida that really scared me. A couple of weeks before our trip I contacted our neighbor to ask if she can watch the dogs while we were away. I was convinced that she never responded to my email and I went ahead and made other arrangements for the dogs. Then, on the day I was leaving, said neighbor contacted me to ask if she was still on for dog sitting. I wrote back and explained that because she never got back to me I had made other arrangements. Without saying a word, she forwarded me the email correspondence between us that clearly showed her response saying she could indeed watch the dogs and MY response saying, “Great I’ll be back in touch next week.” Holy Lord I still have NO RECOLLECTION whatsoever of this email correspondence and this really bugs me. In fact it SCARES me. Karlo said, “Paula, this is a sign that you are doing too much.” And I know he’s right. I can’t keep this up and I’m not sure how to fix my issues.

I still can’t get this little incident out of my head. I’m so embarrassed that my neighbor thinks I’m a complete ditz. I have got to somehow get a better handle on my life! After I catch up on the paperwork for dozens of new orders, accounting and inventory issues, a pile of emails, loads of laundry, endless work issues, and last minute xmas shopping I'm going to ponder my problems and come up with a really good New Year's resolution. I hope it involves a home jail sentence or maybe solitary confinement.

1 comment:

tina said...

i'm confidnet you can find a much better solution for yourself...perhaps a personal assistant built with all your wonderful electronic devices you own...Karlo can make that no problem :)