Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Peanut’s First Trip to the Vet

Ok, maybe it wasn’t her first trip to the vet ever, but it was my first time taking her to our vet. Yesterday I had an appointment for Bentley to get his problem paw checked and I figured I would make the trip worthwhile and take Peanut for her yearly check up. I wasn’t quite sure how I would manage both of them at the same time, but it wasn’t bad at all.

First Peanut went in all by herself. Bentley is an old pro at going to the vet. That high maintenance dog has been there more times than I would care to discuss. Ask Lisa, she is still well known at my vet’s office! Anyway, this was a big exciting trip for Peanut. So many smells to sniff and new people to meet & greet. She is such a little trooper – so well behaved and such a good patient. I got the biggest kick out of watching her on the examining table that moves up and down. She totally freaked when the table started to go up . . . and then down. Too cute. She handled all her shots without even a whimper.

Then I left Peanut in the office while I ran out and got Bentley. It was Bentley’s turn to get on the mechanical table and Peanut just stood there on the floor looking up at her big brother with her big wondering eyes. She watched intently the whole time the doctor was playing was Bentley’s vet. I wonder what Peanut was thinking this whole time.

The good news is that Bentley’s paw is doing much better. The doctor said he no longer needs his toe amputated. Yeah!!! The bad news is that Peanut tested positive for Lyme disease. My poor little princess. So now she needs to go on meds and its terrible timing. I refuse to put poor Lisa through more of my dog’s medical problems, so we will start her treatments after we come back from our trip. Just in time to get sick on Dad’s carpet. Uuuugh!!!! Dogs, you gotta love them.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Oh give me a break! Giving Peanut a pill is not "putting me through" anything!! You crazy lady. Get the meds! I'm more than happy to give them to her, then she'll be almost finished by the time you get home and if she, by chance, gets sick at my house, she gets sick on the laminate. Way better than on a carpet. Do it. Call for her meds!