Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What a Life



Ahhhh, the life of a retired racer . . . I'm so jealous of my dogs, well at least one of my dogs. Bentley is still a nervous nilly, but Peanut . . . she knows how to relax. I need to take some lessons from her. Lisa took the photo above during one of her dog sitting stints (there are so many of those, I can't possibly remember which one.) And next week there will be another. While I'm out in LA working my tail off, my dogs will be lounging and living it up . . . getting COMPLETELY spoiled by Auntie Lisa and Uncle Luke. Is this fair?

So a typical day for my dogs consists of napping, eating, drinking, playing with some toys and napping some more. My typical day this week consists of packing, making dozens of phone calls, arranging movers, service guys, closings, canceling utilities, begging insurance companies to insure our new home, hunting down my accountant who refuses to return my calls and finish our taxes, and packing some more. What I wouldn't do to switch places with my dogs. That's it. I'm sending Peanut to CA in my place. I'm staying home and lounging at the Gaumond residence instead.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Yay, that'll be fun! And you're not allowed to chew on the furniture or pee on the floor either. I think Karlo and Peanut would have a blast out there in CA.