Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Blood is Boiling Over

As I type this my heart is pounding through my chest and I'm ready to scream. I don't think I have ever felt more helpless and angry in my life. I've been watching Karlo completely laid up and in pain for 8 days now. At the MRI appointment the technician (seeing the shape Karlo was in) tells us that he will 'expedite' the report to our doctor. It was a relief to hear him say that and I put so much hope and faith in the doctor's hands. He would figure out the problem and quickly let us know what to do to get Karlo back on his feet.

But that didn't happen. I called the office on Friday afternoon begging for another refill of pain medication. At that time I told them that Karlo was not improving and still in tons of pain. They didn't seem to care that they still hadn't gotten the MRI results and did agree to prescribing more drugs. I tried to be patient over the weekend knowing nothing was going to happen for two days. But I had every expectation that Monday would bring some news. The doctor HAD to call by the end of the day on Monday because there is no way the results couldn't arrive by then. I was patient and waited, and waited . . . all day long. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and I called the office, but unfortunately they were already closed. I left a desperate message explaining that we were very anxious to get some news and asked to please call us this morning. Did we get a call? No.

My next step was to call the MRI department at Day Kimball Hospital to inquire if and when the results were sent and was told that they rushed them to the doctor on Thursday afternoon (just as they said they would). That was it. I was ready to drive to Hartford with a club in my hand and beat somebody silly. Instead I opted for a phone call. 10 straight minutes of calling only to reach a busy signal. Blood pressure rising by the second.

I finally get them on the phone and by now I'm mad. There was no way I was getting off that phone without some satisfaction. Ready for this? They tell me they never got the results. Holy mother of incompetence. What the heck is going on here? So now I wait some more . . . while the idiot parties involved figure out what went wrong and where to go from here. These are the people we trust with our lives???? That makes me feel just great.

1 comment:

tina said...

please take care of yourself too. i understand the frustration but don't let them get the best of you.
stay on top of the situation. Karlo, i hope you feel better soon.