Thursday, December 15, 2011

More Fashion Follies

Yesterday I wore a pair of gray pinstripe dress pants and a gray wool coat to work. Nothing out of the ordinary. I've been wearing this dress coat for a year or two and I always liked it. I like the length. I like the style. I even got compliments from strangers on the cute 3 button (placed high on the coat) style. But suddenly yesterday afternoon something came over Karlo where he just couldn't take it any more and he told me that I looked like "an old lady" and that I needed better clothes. I questioned what was wrong with my pants and he said, "nothing." So I asked what was wrong with my coat and he said he hated it. He hated the color . . . (It's dark gray for Heaven's sake. The same color as his dress coat.)  . . . and he hated the style. Well, this came as quite a surprise. Suddenly I felt self-conscious and miserable. But on a bright side I decided it was time for yet another new coat (like I need that - I have 4 dozen coats in my closet) and Karlo should buy it. Karlo pointed out the fact that I, of all people, should not be wearing a gray coat. "Why don't you own a bright pink coat?" he asked.

So that was it. First thing this morning I googled "purple winter coat" and I just had to laugh when this came up in the google images search:


I think it's perfect for me! And Peanut can borrow it when I'm wearing one of the other 4 dozen coats I own. I guess I'll keep searching.

My next fashion dilemma is my desire for these UGG boots.

I haven't been able to forget them since the day I first laid eyes on them. I don't know what it is about them that has me so captivated, but they got me. I decided that I would buy them for myself after getting my Christmas bonus (seeing as they cost $200). But then Black Friday came and I couldn't resist snagging these for $25 plus free shipping from JC Penny.


Today was the first time I wore them and I'm shocked at how comfy they are. That was a huge selling point for the UGGs. I wanted comfy boots. Now I'm torn trying to decide if these boots that I already own can satisfy that itch for comfy cute boots, or if I still need to splurge on the UGGs. What's a confused girl to do?

1 comment:

tina said...

I do believe you have 4 dozen coats and shopping around to find your next perfect one should be easier than looking for shoes. and speaking of shoes...UGG.