Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

Here's another typical Paula & Karlo story . . .

On Friday, Karlo came into my office with a notebook and pen. He was all business, taking notes and asking me if I wanted to go out on a Valentine's date. When I said, "Yes, but of course" he drilled me with more detailed questions and took notes as to my answers. We both determined that the best time to go on our big date would be Sunday night. We planned where to go and what to do. I was so excited! We had another wine tasting planned before heading to a restaurant that came highly recommended up in Sturbridge. It sounded like the perfect Valentine's celebration.

And then Sunday afternoon came. We were both busy with our own little projects. Around 4 PM Karlo decided that he was going to 'go for a bike ride' (this means 'ride the indoor trainer') and I couldn't let him do this alone. 1, because I hate him exercising without me, and 2, because the darn things make so much noise you can't bare it if you're not participating. So we both jumped on our bikes and got all hot and sweaty. Now the big decision was to shower before or after dinner. Karlo offered to make his Hungarian soup and I was thrilled to jump into the shower. I arrived at the dinner table in my pajamas, with wet hair, and no make up on and that's when it hit me . . . Holy cow, SOME romantic dinner. Could I look any worse? We totally forgot all about our big plans for a date. We are hopeless. Maybe we can try again next weekend.

Here's hoping that you have a nice Valentine's Day and don't forget to go our your special dates.

1 comment:

tina said...

Had a wonderful start to this day which was an extension of the awesome birthday weekend I had :)