Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Going Back in Time


My next day in Italy improved greatly. I convinced a couple of my colleagues to ditch the trade show and come with me to Venice. Our representative in Italy arranged for one of his employees to meet us there and act as our own personal Italian tour guide. What a great day we had and I'm so thankful for my buddies coming along as I would have never figured out the trains to get myself there. It was a long ride, but well worth it.

This was not my first visit to Venice, but no matter how many times you visit you just can't help but to marvel by the entire scene. It's as if you just stepped out of a time capsule that has transported you back in time. There is truly no place like it in the world and it's something that you just have to see to believe. I just couldn't get enough of walking through the tiny alleyways and poking into all the adorable shops. The lure of amazing food was around every corner and all of your senses go into overload. We had a nice little lunch and then walked and walked all day long. Our new friend, Marianna, spoke great English and came fully equipped with a guide book and thankfully a map. That place is a maze of alleyways and without that map we may have been swimming back to the train station. This was definitely the highlight of my time in Italy.

If you would like to see some more pictures of Venice, please click here.

No comments: