Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our Last Day in Spain

After the chaos of traveling in the city yesterday we felt it appropriate to spend our last day in Spain relaxing at the resort. We started our day at the crack of dawn . . . literally. We got up before the sunrise (which is very easy to do in Spain) and drove to a particular beach that had a boardwalk. Despite the fact that we enjoyed spectacular sunrises from our deck at the villa (pictured above), I was itching to get some different sunrise pictures and we took a nice morning walk, snapping pictures along the way. (Some pictues from this can be found in the link at the bottom of this post.)

Later in the morning I think I broke my beach tolerance record and laid still for 2 hours! The first hour went quite fast and easy, but during the second hour both of us were getting bored. First we made up different games that involved throwing rocks. That amused us for quite some time and there were no shortage of rocks in the sand. Then Karlo started to pile rocks on top of me -- not as amusing.

Then we decided to use rocks to write words in the sand . . . That was it. It was time for lunch.



We had a great spread of salami, cheese, olives, roasted peppers and grapes back at the villa. That was one of my favorite things to do, have little feasts on our patio. I will miss that! Next it was time for another favorite pastime, taking long walks on the beach. Minus the terror or Karlo threatening to throw me in the water, that was my most relaxing time.

On our last night we headed to Marbella for dinner. This is the spot for the “super rich” according to our guidebook and I guess that’s why we avoided it all week. But it was quite a nice beach side city and we had an awesome dinner and strolled around the city. To see more pics from this day, please click here.

1 comment:

tina said...

how appropriate to read about your last day in spain as it is my last
day at baldwin...your last day was
much more beautiful!