Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Recap


Well, I survived. And more importantly, so did our guests. I can't say it wasn't an adventure for some of my family to find us–despite my directions and hand-drawn maps. There was some stressful moments and a list of screw ups . . . most of which involved cooking, but all in all I guess the day went pretty well. Luckily most of the screw ups went unnoticed and my brother saved the day with stepping in and solving my convection oven issue. Here's a tip for you . . . don't ever try something you never tried before on the day you are entertaining. Never a good idea and I won't make that mistake again.


Once all the food was served I finally felt the stress melt away and was able to really enjoy the evening. Karlo and I managed to get some of the youngins out for a little after-dinner hike and that was really a treat, both for us and the hounds. We had just enough snow to make it pretty and we got to give my cousins a taste of "Christmas in the country."


It was so nice to just sit around and catch up with my family. We had some quality down time together and I wish it didn't fly by so fast.

As always I wish I spent more time visiting and less time stressing. I wish didn't make any hosting mistakes. I wish I took more pictures. I wish I got into the whirlpool last night like I promised myself I would. Well, I'm going to make up for it all over the next couple of days. I plan to do nothing but play, relax, take pictures, and sit in the whirlpool while watching the snow fall.

To see more pictures of our special day, please click here.

Or if you have more time on your hands and want to watch an animated slide show of the day, please click on the play button below.

1 comment:

tina said...

perhaps if you were not wearing the santa apron you would not of had any food mishaps....:)