Monday, December 6, 2010

In Between Events

I’m smack in the middle of a couple of events. We just wrapped up a nice holiday sale in Eastford this weekend. It was a fun and relaxing two days. Lots of work and stress went into preparing for it, but once the actual event arrived it really was quite enjoyable. There were about 10 artists all together and we all gathered in the coziest spot. We had a crackling fire, xmas music, yummy treats, and great company for two consecutive days. It really was a God-sent break for me from the typical chaos of my life. There was nothing else I could do all day, but sit back, relax, socialize, knit, play with my iPad and even do a little bit of dancing. Fun fun fun.

But the party is over now. I’m just about to shut my computer down, pack up my bags, and head to the airport. uuuugh. This is by far the worst part of traveling. Not only are the actual travel days a burden, but the impending stressful preparation also sucks. I hate running around at the last minute trying to pack and organize myself. That last part is a mere impossibility. I finished packing at 6 pm last night and then for the next two hours I sprung off the couch every 20 minutes gathering the things I forgot. You would think, by now, I would be a master at packing, but it really works against me. Because I travel so much I get very cavalier about it. I figure it’s no big deal and don’t give it the proper preparation that I should.

So now I’m all packed with all the things I ‘think’ I need and it’s a waiting game of the “I don’t want to go. I’m wish Karlo was coming with me . . . “ bit. I guess I should stop procrastinating and just get going and get it over with.

Be back in a week . . .

1 comment:

tina said...

have a great time traveling...