Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Blinked and the Weekend Disappeared

Can I have a weekend do-over? I could really use one right about now. It was a blur. We started the weekend with big Friday night plans. First we took Dad out to celebrate his 81st birthday. I worried about taking him out for an Italian dinner the night after my brother cooked him a spectacular lasagna dinner. I thought maybe he didn't want Italian two nights in a row, but Karlo laughed and said, "Is there any other type of food in your father's life?" and I knew he was right. Dad didn't complain one bit. As a matter of fact he quite enjoyed himself.


From there Karlo and I headed to West Hartford to check out Blueback Square. Holy cow that was cool. I had grand plans of shopping all the new stores, but we got sucked into REI where we stayed until closing. The only establishment we ever 'stayed til closing.' REI is way dangerous and it's a good thing it's so far away. Next it was off to a dance and we got a chance to practice some of our newly learned moves. But we had to call it a short night due to the fact that I killed my feet in bad shoes and we were running a 5K the next morning.

And boy did that suck. Why do I run when I don't enjoy running? It was torture. I had sore feet and was completely dehydrated. I cramped up the minute my feet started to move. Couldn't wait for that to end, but it may have been the easiest part of my day. After the race I had another hour of the joyful painting project, followed by some very tough gardening. Finally it was time to shower, get dressed, and go have some fun and relax. We headed to a party and it took about 20 minutes for me to get the worst stomach ache ever. I mean, I couldn't walk. It was dreadful. We had to leave and get me home. So much for having fun.

We did manage to have a little bit of fun today and a very nice visit with Luke & Lisa. Of course there was a bit of stress involved as my waffle breakfast was a bust. Stupid waffle maker let me down. But that party ended all too soon and it was back to work. More shed building, more gardening, but luckily a little more visiting with friends. It all went way too fast and I feel like I didn't even see Karlo on our one and only weekend at home together this month. sigh.

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Oh stop, your waffles were delicious! Thank you for such a lovely visit.

The few pictures I took today are up on Flickr if you want to see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lgaumond

tina said...

a very happy belated birthday
mr. romano and many more to come.