Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Night Did Not Go As Planned

I was planning to relax while Karlo is away, but it's not happening. Tonight was my first day since he left where I didn't have social plans. Instead of just going straight home (like I planned) I got lured to the stores to satisfy my shopping itch. An upcoming vacation always makes me crave new clothes that I don't need.

I started off at Kohls where I found 3 tops and was just heading over to the shoe department to shop for sandals. For some strange reason I decided to double-check my 20% off coupon and good thing I did because it wasn't good until tomorrow. Uuuuugh! What a waste of time. I only bought one top and hid the others where I'm hoping I can find them tomorrow night.

Then I went to TJMaxx where I got completely and utterly frustrated by the fact that there was not ONE pair of capris, pants, or shorts in the entire store (OK, not counting the juniors department) that fit me. You can not believe how aggravated this makes me. So it was off to the shoe department because the only thing that upsets me more than no pants that fit is, of course, no sandals that fit. I was just setting myself up for more disappointment. But it never even got that far. In the changing room at Kohls, and then again at TJMaxx, I got incredibly bad toe cramps. That was nothing compared to what happened when I tried a couple of sandals on. I had to abort my shoe shopping and hobble out of the store with nothing more than a new yoga mat and a purse. Luckily I didn't need to try those on.

Mostly a waste of time and gas, but I sped home to salvage what was left of the night. When I got here I found my new Tamron lens that I've been eagerly waiting for. And there went the rest of the evening. I HAD to play with it immediately. I ran outside and snapped about 30 pictures. Then I ran back in and downloaded them. More than half were terrible and my heart sank. I bought this lens used and was convinced that it was not functioning properly. My blood started to boil and then I ran out for another test run. This time the results were better. What the . . .? I don't know what to make of this. Here's some of the better results. I'm not going to bother boring you with the blurry pics.

Here is the range of the lens: 28mm - 300mm. And by the way, the windows are now installed in the "Love Shack."


The lens is also a macro and I still can't figure out how that works. It's not like the Nikon that I currently have on loan; it doesn't include a little switch to put it in and out of macro. So does that mean I'm shooting macro when I'm zoomed to 300mm? Very confusing. But here are some close-ups I took outside:



This lens is notorious for being slow and bad indoors in low lighting so I tried that to:


Despite the blurry pictures, I'm happy with some of these results. Or maybe I just think my rooster and moose are so darn cute that the pictures look good because of the subject matter and not the image quality. I'm so confused! Maybe I better spend a few more days with it before I jump the gun and demand my money back. One thing is for sure. I'm not letting my Nikon 55-200mm VR go. I don't think this one can compare. I'll have one week to make the decision if I'm keeping it and risking my vacation pics with it. I wish I knew more about this stuff.

No comments: