Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Need a Nap

And I think I just might write this short blog post and go take one . . .

I need to catch up on some lost hours of sleep from last night. I went out for a big exciting night on the town last night. Yeah, me. I did that. Can you believe it? On a Monday night? I promised my friends Jill & Dan that I would tag along to some real line dancing the next time Karlo was out of town. Since I was skipping out on our Swing class anyway, I figured I may as well get some dancing in. And it was a hoot. I couldn't stop thinking about Tina all night. She would have loved it. And watching all the youngin's putting on a show at center dance floor flashed me right back to 'the day' when that was Tina and I putting on the dancing show. Ahhhh, those were the days. The best thing that I learned last night wasn't any pattern of steps. It was the fact that the higher level dances are NOT danced to country music at all. They were danced to upbeat, sort of hip hopish music. I was much more in my element and it killed me that I didn't know the steps to participate. I'm going to have to work on that. But for now, I need to work on taking a nap before my company arrives. Such busy times when Karlo is away.

1 comment:

tina said...

i love remembering those wonderful
days too. i gotta get in touch with
you and get some details.