Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Day at the Dog Show








This morning I went to a dog show out here in Woodstock. What a hoot to see all the different breeds looking their best. I still don't really get this whole concept of people dressed up (looking silly) running around in circles with their dogs. I mean, how on Earth can anybody judge which dog is 'the best' by this short little prancing? I think all the dogs should win a reward just for putting up with this scene. But as a spectator, I really enjoyed it. I got a kick out of watching the long-haired breeds get primped and brushed. Boy, it must really suck to be one of those dogs. I especially liked checking out the unique breeds that I am drawn to. So far I want:
  • a Dobbie
  • a Scottish Deerhound
  • an Irish Wolfhound (horse)
  • a Russian hound (can't remember the proper name)
Can you tell I'm a hound lover? I just can't get enough of those 'greyhounds with hair' dogs. I wish somebody would invent a long-haired-non-shedding greyhound. Now that would be ideal. All this talk about hounds makes me want to go and hug the hounds I already have. I think I'll go and do just that . . .

1 comment:

michelled said...

I'm so envious! I would have loved going to a dog show! The Dobes are beautiful.