Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Blood is Boiling

And to THINK I was looking forward to this night at home with no plans. It has been non-stop frustration. My work day was easier for heaven's sake. I came home thinking that my biggest hurdle would be making dinner. That is always a hurdle for me, but I managed to do a magic trick and make something from nothing. Lisa would have been proud of me.

Next it was on to my YogaDudes digital newsletter, which is always a challenge, but tonight was severely more challenging than usual. I get to the point where it's "good enough" and I just don't care anymore. Whatever!

So that's done and next it was on to paying my bills, which always puts me in a good mood, not. Luckily I spent one more second than I normally would and happened to notice that I got overcharged on a purchase I made last Friday at REI. When Karlo and I stepped foot in that store we thought we were in heaven, but as the time passed my feelings of love faded quickly. First it took me nearly 20 minutes of hunting for an available salesperson to help me get the shoes I wanted. Once I finally tracked somebody down I had to suffer through his ever-so-painful hard sell on their 'membership' program. I told him right off the bat that we live far from the store and have no desire to join this program. But that didn't stop him from torturing me. All I could think was LLBean nor EMS ever put me through this nonsense. But I endured because my favorite pair of bike shoes were on sale and I'll do what it takes in the name of getting the sale price. But come to find out those rotten buggers charged me DOUBLE for the purchase. So I had to talk to three different people on the phone tonight to get my credit. They have lost me for good. I will remain a very loyal fan of LLBean and EMS and REI can take a hike!

One more pesky task off my plate, maybe it's time to relax. But no, my cell phone rang for the second time tonight (third time today). Sure, that may not sound like a big deal to most normal people, but anybody that knows me knows that I get completely annoyed by my phone ringing, especially my cell phone. And for the second time it was that spam call regarding the non-existent warranty on my vehicle. Instantly my blood pressure went through the roof. I mean my heart was pounding through my chest and this time I went ahead and stayed on the line to talk to the rep. And when they got on the phone, I went OFF on them. I literally screamed and demanded they never, EVER, call me again. We will see what happens. I can't think of many things that upset me more than these bastards interrupting my life with their BS. Oh my word, if I could shoot them through the phone line they would be so gone . . .

Now I will try to calm myself down to save what is left of my blissful night at home. American Idol and Fringe are still ahead so things are looking up. I'm turning my phone off and shutting my computer down.

No comments: