Friday, July 22, 2011

A Grumpy Mess

Gee, I've been quiet this week and as far as Karlo is concerned, the quieter the better. I'm just a grumpy angry mess and I'm totally losing my patience with this neck/shoulder condition. I have grown steadily worse every day for the past month and a half and the reason I'm blogging about my misery is not to publicly complain, but to document this ordeal so next year I can look back at my blog book to compare and contrast. That is exactly what I did this year. I literally turn to my blog book for answers. When will this end? How long did I have to suffer last year? Since most things in my life seem to repeat in very predictable patterns I need to know next year how bad it was this year. And so far . . . it's been pretty stinkin' bad.

I just took off my neck brace because I swear it causes me more pain to wear it. I've been to a massage therapists this week who pretty quickly diagnosed me with thoracic outlet syndrome. I already made my first chiropractor appointment for next week, and I am (surprisingly) happily icing my back, neck, and shoulder as much as possible. I guess I picked a good week for icing seeing as it's over 90 degrees even here in Eastford. I am pretty much in constant pain management mode and I tried really really hard all week to limit my time in front of a computer. As I type my left arm is cold and numb with a dull ache running down to my forearm. Gee, maybe that's a sign that I should get the heck off the computer!

Well, let the record show that so far this year I had one month of the good life. That's right, ONE MONTH of blissful happiness and pretty much total crap for the other 6 months. My patience is being tested for sure. And the worst part, I can't even do my daily meditations. Oh, and we also can't find an electrician to hook up that freakin' hot tub. What is worse than sitting here in pain and looking out the window at the EMPTY hot tub? Uuuuuugh

No comments: