Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Week In Hartford


I’m taking a little hiatus from the conference today. It’s very slow and quiet around the office today as most of the Sales and executive staff are still in Hartford. I’ll be back there tomorrow, but today I’m trying to catch up on my life. I am, however, missing all the great free food. That’s the best part of work travel . . . all the awesome food. We got spoiled for the last three days and tonight we will be hurting for dinner.

Speaking of dinner, on Tuesday night we had a fabulous group dinner at a place in Hartford that was formerly known as “Joe Blacks.” I think it’s changing ownership and the new name may be “The Society Room.” It’s on Pratt Street. If you ever get the chance, check the place out. It was beautiful. The entire night, I just couldn’t believe that we were in Hartford. The atmosphere was very unique and the food was fantastic.

We also attended a little Cinco de Mayo party at City Steam. Also a fun night. Free drinks and yummy appetizers. What more can you ask for?

It wasn’t all play. Karlo is there now doing his presentations. And I had to shmooze with all our dealers just about every minute. I lost my voice on Monday. It’s incredible how exhausting it is to talk all day and night. There was a fair amount of business talk (boring), but most of the conversations were interesting. We had dealers from all over the world there and it was fun to talk to them. I reminisced about my travels to Singapore with that dealer. Yes, it was funny that Paula was the only person freezing in the entire country. I had a ball and spent an hour talking to my new best friend from New Zealand. I built him a website early this year and now he’s welcoming us down under for a visit. I got as much info about the country as I could. Fascinating. I can’t wait to visit.

I also enjoyed talking to our dealer in France about his hometown of Brittney (did I spell that right?). As it turns out, a leg of Tour de France will be held very near his home or office. Sounds like I need a good business reason to visit him in July!

And I can’t tell you how many conversations about motorcycles we had. Our dealer in Florida recently bought the same bike that Karlo has. He had lots of stories to tell and rides to recommend. So many places to visit and never enough time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

free drinks and appetizers,
such great memories. so will you
guys just plan to see the Tour
de France or try to make a team
and race in it...

Jamie said...

sheesh, there a whole week and you only took ONE picture???

SLACKER