Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Busy, Busy, Crazy, Crazy

That about sums up my life right now. I can't even believe all the stuff I got going on and I marvel at how I've spent the last several years of my life saying, "As soon as we get through _____ our lives will slow down." It seems as though as soon as we fill in that blank something new takes it place. I swear we will never catch up to our lives nor slow down.

Karlo's new job has him literally working around the clock and all the time he spends in front of his computer just frees me up for more time in front of mine. It's sick how much time we spend staring at a computer screen. I just finished building a big web site for a freelance client. I ran away from this job for several months and then finally agreed to do it . . . it the middle of the summer and under a time crunch. Stupid decision #1. After doing all that work it warmed me up for wanting to build a web site (or two) for myself. So I've been feverishly working on those (more to follow) and then made the stupidest decision of all. I volunteered to be the new webmaster for an art association that I'm a member of. What the heck was I thinking? Now they hound me every day and I don't even have time to read the emails, let alone do the work.

And speaking of work (my real job), that is crazy too. Next week is our annual conference, which means this is the crunch time preparing for it. And all I can do is think about packing, packing and more packing. You should see my bedroom. I have a pile of clothes that I need to pack for our upcoming weekend getaway this weekend, another pile of clothes for the conference next week, followed by yet another pile of clothes for our vacation. Each one of these trips is stacked immediately upon the other. Not even sure there's time to do laundry in between. I have To Do lists longer than my legs. Once again, I'm looking forward to a long flight to just sit still and do NOTHING!

No comments: