Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend 09

I’m unprepared for my weekend report. I managed to take a few pictures of a couple of our weekend accomplishments, but don’t have the pics handy. All in all I would give the entire weekend 4 flags (out of the possible 6). I was hoping for a good mix between work and play, but as it turned out it was mostly work. I can’t completely blame the over zealous Karlo for wanting to get a jump on the interior Shack work. He was busy running the electrical wires so I can run lights and a computer out there. Then we got on a roll and finished the insulation and interior paneling. The fact of the matter was that my neck was in far too much pain (due to allergies) to go for the bike ride we had planned so this was a good use of our time. But still, I was sad to see most of the gorgeous weekend slip by without our fair share of playing.

We did manage to squeeze in one day of no work and lots of fun. Yesterday was a great day. We started off with a morning hike at one of our favorite trails. We ran into another person with 3 dogs and feared Peanut would be afraid of her two rambunctious labs, but she had a ball being one of the pack. She happily took off with them and I was so proud of her. We got back just in time to leave for our family picnic at Devil’s Hopyard. I was so excited to drive my motorcycle down there. It was my longest journey this year. Well, considering my bike was broken for most of the season, it wasn't too hard to beat my longest journey of the year. I did great and can’t believe how much I have missed my bike. It was so nice to reunite with my long lost cousins, laugh, relax and not think about all the work we still have to do at home.

The most exciting story from yesterday’s picnic will have to wait for tomorrow. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: