Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My New Love

To pick up where I left off yesterday, I have to document the most exciting part of my Labor Day. I fell in love . . . My heart experienced the same flutters that it did the day I walked out of the Mini dealership. (Do I get points for not comparing this to the first kiss from Karlo?)

This was one of those being in the right place at the right time stories. My cousins were heading out to take a walk to the waterfalls. We do this every year and this is the first time that I hemmed and hawed about joining them. I guess because I was wearing my motorcycle boots and being lazy, but at the last minute I decided to join them. While standing there on the rocks I happened to notice the most amazing dog in the world. I was immediately drawn to it and had to know everything about it. As it turns out the dog was a Doodleman. Actually, a Doodleman Pinsher to be exact. I’m sure you’re already guessing. It’s a new hybrid dog that crosses (of all things) a Doberman with a Poodle. How ridiculous is that? Who comes up with these things? Well, whoever it was is simply brilliant.

Karlo and I often talk about what we will do when we lose our baby Bentley. I can’t bare the thought of it, but the reality will present itself in the next few years. Karlo insists that we shouldn’t replace him, but I insist that Peanut will be a lost sole on her own. We often wonder what it would be like to have a ‘real’ dog–one that would enjoy our big yard, would like to be outside, and could keep up with us on hikes. We even thought about a Dobbie because I would like the little bit of security feeling that one would give me. But it always comes back to the shedding and my allergies. What could be better than a dog that doesn’t shed and has the temperament and smarts of a poodle and a dobbie? I can’t get Karlo to agree to a stinkin’ duck, but he’s already on board for us getting a Doddleman puppy within the next two years!

I had to document this in case Karlo doesn’t remember this whole thing. This is proof Karlo that you said we can get one . . .

No comments: