Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sock Season Has Arrived

You know it's the end of summer when you're forced to wear socks to work for the first time. I must have stood in my closet for five minutes this morning debating what shoes to wear before I finally broke down and reached for a pair of socks and my leather clogs. This was the first non-sandal day in months and I can't tell if I'm depressed or excited. One thing is for sure, I just want the change to happen. I decided that I'm really bad at dressing during the Spring and Fall and I think it's the shoes that get me the most. It's so hard to leave the house in sandals when it's 40 degrees out - no matter how warm it's going to get later in the day. I find it very challenging to dress during these transition times. I'm good at Summer and Winter, when it's consistently warm or consistently cold. So now that I broke out my socks, bring it on. Let the cold come. It's time to do the closet switcher-roo, and once I do that, I crave my tall leather boots and turtlenecks.

4 comments:

michelled said...

If you never tried Smartwool socks...please get yourself a pair. You will never take them off. :)

lgaumond said...

It is not sock season until there is snow on the ground. And even then it's debatable.

Unknown said...

I do have Smartwool socks and I love them. I even have a smartwool shirt. Heaven. Only in "Lisa's world" can one walk around in flip flops with no socks past October. Don't be ridiculous.

Penni said...

your neice must live in "Lisa's world" because she will wear flip flops until the first snow fall and then switch to her Uggs until about mid March where she will insist it is spring and time for flip flops again. Crazy kid!!