Friday, September 11, 2009

Plan B

Karlo and I are headed to Maine for the weekend to celebrate our 7th year anniversary. I still don’t know where the past 7 years went and I can’t believe how quickly time is passing. Because we have a tradition of always going away for our special day, I booked us a room in Freeport for two nights and planned a terrific bike ride for Saturday. I was upset at the thought of bad weather on Saturday so I changed our plans to shop on Saturday and bike on Sunday. But now it looks like I have to move to plan B, or at this point maybe I should call it Plan C. Our ride was to be a 50-mile loop that included a 2 hour ferry ride. We were going to pedal down to Portland and take a ferry up to Bailey Island where we would make our way through Freeport and back to wherever it was we were going to start from. Well, imagine our surprise had we gotten to the ferry in Portland only to find out that the ferries are no longer running. Labor Day was their last sailing. Just a slight planning miscalculation on my part. Thank God I took a closer look at the paperwork this morning. I’m going to have to scramble to find a new ride, but that is still better than what could have happened. Ooops.

No comments: