Saturday, August 20, 2011

Inspired Week


That may be a misleading title because I wasn't very inspired all week. It wasn't a particularly good week because I suffered with a lot of pain and stress. However, I signed up for another silly online class that sends daily inspirations to 'create.' Unfortunately, I wasn't in the creating mood and didn't take any specific photos for the class. The class kick-off included the photo above with some hints on things to do to make some relaxing 'me' time and I have to say, without even trying I did an amazing job at accomplishing most of them this week. Here's a run down:

The first one was to 'sleep more.' They suggested that you go to bed a little early or catch a nap. Due to my current pain situation, I came home from work most days and went straight to the couch. One afternoon I fell asleep for over an hour. Plus, there's the fact that I was sleeping alone all week and therefore got much more sleep.

The second one was to 'make your bed,' something Karlo and I do every single day. I say "Karlo and I" but it's really Karlo. He's a stickler for putting all the fancy pillows back into place and making it all look nice. If it were up to me, I would barely make the bed at all. But while he was away I put the effort into making the whole bed up every morning.

The third prompt was to 'dance' and although I thought I would excel at this one, I sadly did no dancing. And to think I have all those Wii dancing games. What a waste. Stupid neck.

The next one was called 'Juicy Fruit' and as luck would have it I just happened to buy a pineapple at the grocery store last weekend. I never buy pineapples and I'm not quite sure what came over me. So I guess I lied. I did take one photo of the pineapple as Karlo was cutting it. Yum, it was delicious. I should buy them more often.

I didn't get around to making any 'savory sips' because it just so happens that I had some Newman's Own lemonade in the fridge and that was a whole lot easier.

The next one was to make a grateful list, which I forgot to do, but there's no time like the present. Here's my list:
  • I am grateful that my neck isn't actually broken.
  • I am grateful for a few days of peace and quiet and no requests to crash the Jeep.
  • I am grateful that nobody stole my lunch from work this week, and nobody stole my Skinny Cows from home.
  • I am grateful that it hasn't rained on my clean car yet.
  • I am grateful that the chicken didn't actually suck any diamonds out of my ring (that story to come later).
  • I am grateful that my father hasn't caused me to have a complete nervous breakdown (yet).
  • I am grateful to have Karlo back home (even though I enjoyed my HGTV marathons and cereal for dinners).
The next prompt was 'bath time' and although I would never have gotten around to taking a real bath, Karlo and I did get into the hot tub on Monday night, and with any luck we'll be back in it tonight.

Next was 'movie night' and that is just about every night at our house (well, except for when Karlo is away - then it's all HGTV). I can't even tell you the last show we watched on a network. It's all Netflix all the time so that prompt was pretty easy.

And lastly, the final prompt was to 'just sit.' This one came quite easily this week. I did a lot of just sitting, and brooding over my pain. But technically I just sat there so check another one off my list.

No comments: