Friday, July 20, 2007

Bring Your Dancing Shoes


In my many discussions with friends who were trying to console me and give me paint advice, I keep coming back to the same explanation of my challenges with this house . . . all the wood. I have come to the realization that colors look much different when placed against a wood trim as opposed to a white painted trim. Every color looks good next to white. But when you have THIS much wood, it poses an usual challenge. I tried to describe the amount of wood, but nothing tells the story better than the picture above. That picture just makes me want to dance. Perhaps I should install a disco ball!

Would you believe that I went back to Lowes yesterday and bought another gallon of paint for the bedroom . . . and before we even get back to the house, I’m already sure I don’t like it. I am officially losing my mind. So we are now on to Plan C for our bedroom. I am going to use the paint I bought last night in a guest bedroom instead and buy yet another gallon for our room. At the rate I’m going, we will have to start building more rooms just to use the unwanted gallons of paint! I just can’t believe how hard this is for me.

I think I have the final color in mind. One (or two or three) more trips back to the paint store and I should be ready to paint this weekend. Stay tuned for the results next week.

No comments: