Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm Exhausted

. . . and we’ve only just begun. It seems every minute something gets added to our To Do list and the feelings of being overwhelmed are starting to weigh heavy on our shoulders. How long will it realistically take us to unpack and do all the things we need to do? So far we painted 3 rooms and installed a partial fence for the dogs. I can NOT even believe how sore my legs were from painting. What is up with that? I can bike all day every day and yet painting killed me. I must be getting old.

But speaking of painting, I have good news to report. I finally settled on a color that I like for our bedroom and I got over the fact that I wasted a gallon of paint and 3 hours of our time. Water under the bridge. So what did I finally settle on? You ready for this? Beige! That’s right, beige. How boring is that? Well, it’s not really just plain beige. It’s called Honeysuckle beige and that sounds much prettier! And I did a total 180 for the master bathroom and went with a dark maroon. I ‘Photoshoped’ a mock-up for Karlo and he adamantly HATED it. But I convinced him to trust me and don’t you know, after the paint went on the wall, he liked it. Thank goodness. So things are progressing in the painting department. Three more rooms to go – for now.

The dogs had their first visit to the house this weekend. It was a bit stressful for them. There was lots of panting and pacing going on, but finally they settled down. Once we let them into the house the went on a sniffing mission and I think they felt better when they stiffed some of our things (like area rugs) and realized it was familiar to them. I hope they are catching on. Bentley definitely understands something is going on. He sees us packing suitcases and he is sticking to us like glue. I think he’s afraid we are going to leave him behind to live out his days in Dad’s basement.

Our plan is to make our official move this weekend. The dogs will get relocated on Saturday and I’m sure Dad will be thrilled. Nothing is unpacked yet, but that’s OK. Our internet connection will be installed on Saturday afternoon and that’s all I really need to live!

Stay tuned for more moving news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maroon and honeysuckle sound great.
can't wait to see it all. let me
know if ya need help moving.