Friday, July 27, 2007

Cleaning Is No Fun

My excitement about vacuuming lasted only one day. Last night I did some heavy duty vacuuming - this time with a steam cleaner and THAT was no fun at all. First problem was that Karlo went to pick up the rented cleaner himself. Therefore he was the one that got the instructions and I relied on him to convey them to me. Was there any chance at ALL that this would go smoothly? Of course not. He pretty much listened with half an ear and then made it all up when he explained the process to me. Very frustrating. I won't even go into all the details, as entertaining as they probably would be.

The job was hard and certainly no fun. The stains didn't come out, but apparently lots of dirt did. The carpets looked amazingly clean before I started and it is just scary how much dirt comes out of clean looking carpets. Carpets in general scare because of the amount of grime that they must hide. Yuck. Now I need to decide if the dogs will be allowed on the second floor. This is my chance to train them that the second floor is off limits. On one hand, I would love the thought of no dog hairs getting permanently embedded all over - especially with my allergies. But on the other hand, it makes me sad to not have my little buddies following me everywhere I go. I don't know what to do!

Tonight will be our last night in Hartford. We are extremely anxious to make the official move - as I'm sure Dad is! He has been amazingly patient with his human and K9 house guests and I know he can't wait to have his house back to normal. Dad, I can't thank you enough for everything!!!!

My next post will be from our new digs (if we get our internet connection as planned on Saturday). Counting down the hours . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with keeping the dogs to the first floor only. We FINALLY got Bruno to not come upstairs ( except during a thunder storm now luck there) But the dog hair still manages to make it up the stairs too How I don't know I guess on our shoes or the wind but it manages to make it to every corner of the house. I do miss having Bruno follow me everywhere I go too but you know Ang. He thinks dogs are not part of the family and shouldn't be treated as so.... Wonder where he got that from???