Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My First Commute to Work from Eastford

Today was the first day that Karlo and I commuted from Eastford to Tolland for work. Well, Karlo went to work yesterday, but today was my first commute. We took the motorcycle and left the house at 6:45. Wow. It was great. The first 9 miles are on beautiful winding roads. The sun is at our back (which sure beats the glare in your tired morning eyes as you travel East) and the light on the fields is surreal. What beautiful scenery. How could I complain about the longer commute when sitting on the back of the motorcycle is by far the most relaxing part of my day?

I hope the dogs will do OK today. I worked really hard yesterday getting them to use the doggie door in the garage. They are very accustomed to using a doggie door so it shouldn’t be a big deal. But right now, everything is just a huge cause of stress for poor Bentley. He is such a crotchedy old man, set in his ways, not wanting to change. Hmmm, maybe he’s Italian! Peanut, on the other hand, is young, spunky, less stressed and willing to try new things. She’s flying in and out of the door with no problem. Bentley refuses to go outside via the door, but has no problem coming back in. When he needs to get out, he BETTER suck it up and get himself through that door. We’ll see what happens . . .

Last night we got more work done. We hung some pictures and that makes such a big difference. We also got a new couch upstairs – big accomplishment. When you see the stairs you will understand. Luckily we had some help. A coworker came by to give Karlo a hand. One of these days I have to start cleaning everything. Uuugh.

12 more hours . . . . tonight is a very big night!!!!!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I'm going to have to confiscate your Beemer if you keep riding to work on the BACK of Karlo's bike, Missy. I rode my dad's on Saturday and now I want yours. :)