Monday, May 5, 2008

Here’s The Deal

So what’s up with July 5th? Karlo and I are thinking about having a party. I think we’ll have a few things to celebrate:
  • Independence Day
  • The book is going off to press on July 1st
  • July marks one year in our new digs
  • And I’m turning 30
But the problem is that I can’t seem to commit to the idea. Parties just scare me. Way too much work and stress. But we’ll see. I’ll keep you all posted.

Blogging for the rest of the week may be difficult as I’ll soon be on my way to the sunny and beautiful city of . . . Hartford (sigh) for our annual reseller conference. Most of my days and nights will be sucked up by this conference until Thursday. I’m actually looking forward to walking around downtown. I fear that I won’t even recognize it from my “Downtown Julie Brown” days. So much has changed. But for tonight, I’ll be flashing back to the good ole days with a Cinco de Mayo party at Hartford Steam. I could use a fun night out!

Happy Cinco de Mayo to all.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Too bad Russian Lady wasn't still open, now those were some fun nights (from what I can remember).

Anonymous said...

it's ok to type the #40.
i really doesn't hurt.
keep us posted no matter what ya
decide.

Unknown said...

Ooops, did I type 30???? That was a typo ;-)

lgaumond said...

Hey, guess what? I'll be available after all to celebrate the 10th anniversary of your 30th birthday! My sister's having Cameron's party on the 4th. YAY!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
I liked the Russian Lady but I am still partial to Player's Pub.....Wouldn't be part of your family if that fine establishment wasn't around 20 something years ago.

Paula,
I have to work the 5th and 6th but if you decide to have a party let me know ASAP and I will see if I can switch with someone. Can't miss the celebration of ALL those things.

Unknown said...

Ok, it's official. The party is ON! More details to follow.