Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Shopping Discovery

This past weekend we went out exploring and, to my delight, we found a brand new shopping plaza. It never occurred to me to travel east from our house. After all, we live in the middle of nowhere and the further you go East, the further you get from civilization. At least that’s what I thought. Well, low and behold . . . if you go far enough into nowhere, you get somewhere. Exactly 20 miles from our house (and I know that may sound far to most of you city folk, but that is just about the minimum we must travel to shop) we stumbled upon a huge new plaza. So far there is a big Lowes and there is soon to be a Super Stop & Shop, a Staples, a Target (heaven) and this is the best part, a Michaels (drool). Oh and I forgot to mention the 2 Dunkin Donuts on each side of the new plaza.

We made a nice scenic-drive shopping loop. From home to Dayville (that was the first I ever heard of that town), then from there we hopped on the highway (not sure I ever used it before) I395 for two exits. That put us in front of a Sears, a TJMaxx (yippee) and a Walmart in Putnam. The drive back from Putnam is beautiful. It was a happy shopping expedition. It takes great lengths to get Karlo to agree to go to Manchester. Must be something to do with his growing dislike for people and traffic. But getting him agree to take this scenic loop is a snap – especially with all the Dunkin Donuts on the way. I’m finally getting comfortable with living in the Sticks

No comments: