Monday, May 19, 2008

Sad News

It is with great sadness that I have to write this . . . Karlo's mother passed away today. We are both still in shock. Less than three weeks ago we were all together having a ball. I finally got the chance to get to know her, and now that I feel close to her, we lose her. We are trying to focus on the fact that we got to spend so much time with her and Karlo's last memory of her is very recent and very pleasant. I'm looking at my hand-knit hat, computer case, pillows, vest and all the other little things that she left us in a whole new light. It really is amazing how you can have something one day and it can be gone the next. Life is so precious. We really do need to slow down and enjoy it more.

Gone, but never forgotten. We will miss her greatly.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Karlo (and Paula) - my most sincere condolences on your loss. I have a very similar loss with my mother but like you was very blessed to spend three weeks with her just before she passed. It was the best time I had with my mom in years and it is a fond memory for us even though the loss was so sudden.

Our prayers are with you and your family.

lgaumond said...

I am so sorry. I wish I could have met her, she seemed like quite a lady. Sending my love your way...

Anonymous said...

karlo and paula,
i am so very sorry to hear your
mom has passed away. she seemed
like such a wonderful woman and it
was great to learn so much about
her thru all of paula's blogs.
thank you for sharing her with us.
my thoughts and prayers are with
you both and your family.
love,tina

Karlo said...

Thank you all for your condolences. Mom was an angel, only briefly visiting us on this World. She left her trace all around us in all things beutiful. She will live on in our hearts and loving thoughts.