Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life is Almost Good Again


Today was the first evening of the year that Karlo and I went home and played. Actually, we played before we even got home. I drove my own motorcycle to work today and to my surprise, on the way home, Karlo took a sudden turn off our dirt road into my favorite trails. We took a nice little detour, just for the fun of it. It was bliss. For once we weren’t rushing home so that we can open our laptops and work. I can get used to this.

Once we finally meandered our way home, we loaded up the kayak onto the new rack that Karlo has been busy building and took off to Acadia National Park. OK, maybe we didn’t drive all the way to Maine, but it sure felt like we did. I was in awe at how beautiful the lake at Bigelow Hollow was – and this is our backyard. I remember being sad that we don’t have Coventry Lake nearby. That was my favorite place to kayak after work. Well, I am kissing Coventry Lake goodbye and I wouldn’t be sad if I never saw it again. This blows the pants off of Coventry. It was the closest thing to being in Maine. It really is incredible how much our dream of moving to Maine has come true by moving to Eastford. We are basically living in Maine, while still being close to family & friends and keeping our good jobs. Life is good after all. And it’s only going to get better once the book is done.



1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Oh yay. I'm glad you're finally remembering how to have fun again! Looks beautiful. When I was a kid I used to go Bigelow Hollow with my sister and her friend in the summers. All I remember is that the water was COLD!