Monday, February 23, 2009

Good To Be Back

As crazy as this sounds, it’s good to be back to work today. I know, I know, I’m nuts. But sometimes I think that being at work, no matter how busy I am, is more relaxing than being at home. At least at work I have a good grasp on my deadlines and project priorities. I’m not constantly thinking that I should be doing something else as I’m working on a project. I enjoy the work I do and I do it in a logical sequence according to my deadlines. But, at home, it’s chaos. I have more to do than I have time to get it done and nothing is prioritized. When I’m working on my YogaDudes business stuff, I feel as though I should be doing my yoga certification homework. When I’m doing my yoga homework, I feel as though I should be cleaning the house. When I’m cleaning the house, I’m thinking about the freelance job I should be completing. When I’m working on my freelance job, I’m brainstorming new web sites that I want to build and new craft designs that I want to make. Then the logical part of me wonders why on earth I want to take on yet another project. My word, it never ends.

This weekend was filled with running errands, buying supplies for my potential new craft hobby (more to come on that soon, maybe), preparing taxes, doing my yoga homework and lots and lots of stuffing t-shirts into polybags. Do you have any idea how boring that job is? It was torture. I’ve been slowing chipping away at this project since the beginning of January and I’m about half done. Sigh. I find that I enjoy doing laundry and vacuuming more than polybagging. I’ll be happy to be done by Spring. Ah, the mere thought of Spring is so wildly exciting in so many ways. Not only does it mean the start of the warm weather and coming alive of flowers, trees and grass, but it also means the end of P90X, the end of dance lessons 3 nights/week, the end of my yoga certification homework, and (hopefully) the end of the polybagging project. Hurry up Spring . . .

No comments: