Sunday, February 15, 2009

Vacation at Home Part 2

Posted by Picasa
Valentine's Day was the perfect time to declare our next 'vacation at home' and we really enjoyed it. I didn't seem to do as good of a job documenting the day in pictures, but the photos above show some highlights. I woke up to find presents in the bed. Karlo came through and actually bought me something that he knew I wanted. Yeah Karlo! The best quote that came out of him as he watched me play with my Pandora bracelet and my new beads was, "Boy am I glad I'm not a girl." He just can't understand the fascination!

I carried my new "Teddy" around most of the day and he made our P90X session much more enjoyable as he sat on the TV and cheered me on. We spent most of the day lounging around together. We got some things accomplished (like booking our next vacation), but we did them together so they didn't seem like chores. In the evening we went out to dinner (which I always swore we wouldn't do on Valentine's night) and headed to a dance. We had a ball and discovered that Karlo loves Latin dancing. Who knew? Looks like we are adding more dance lessons to our schedule and I'm thrilled.

Today we did more hanging out together, this time in the sun on the deck. I know that sounds crazy as the temps were only in the 30s, but we grabbed our coffee and tea (and a blanket for me) and it was glorious. The sun was strong and the house provided a great wind shelter. I could have stayed out there for hours.

I'm sad that this relaxing weekend is coming to an end so quickly. I want to do it all over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you and Karlo had a nice relaxing weekend. Angelo and I spent the entire Valentine's Day weekend working in Haddam Staining , Staining and more Staining. How romantic. It wasn't all bad we had a lovely dinner and went to a movie afterwards.