Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Losing my Identity

I've been in this same career for nearly 20 years now. I've met a lot of people through my business travels and I have always been introduced as, "This is Paula from Corporate." Or, "this is Paula from Marketing." Both of those introductions usually were met with instance recognition and respect. It's funny how people view any "corporate" entity. That word just seems impressive I guess.

But lately it seems that my introductions have completely changed. I am no longer 'the marketing girl from corporate.' Now my introductions go something like this . . ."Do you know Karlo Apro? Well, this is his wife." HA, how about that? I am now just Karlo's wife in this industry. I guess that is way more impressive than me being from corporate! I am the wife of the famous author and 5-axis guru. I guess I can accept that. ;-)

3 comments:

tina said...

I think that is great... way to go Karlo! you can handle it Paula :)

Karlo said...

You are both funny. Paula is THE reason that book ever got published.

Gina said...

I got stuck on "marketing girl" from corporate? :)