Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Skinny Heel Struggle Continues

I don't think I will ever make peace with my difficult feet. It just really irritates me that it is nearly impossible to find shoes that fit me. It's rough getting through the Summer having to avoid all the cute 'slide-style' sandals, but at least there are plenty of other sandal options available - ones that include adjustable straps. Wait a minute, now that I think about it I do recall having to take a stapler to my beloved Athena Alexander sandals this Summer because even those adjustable straps simply refused to stay up on my heel. Drat.

So now that Fall has arrived I breath a sigh of relief. Finally, I can drag out all my boots and clogs and I can finally walk around while staying in my shoes. Yeah right. That is until I need to dress up and put on a pair of pumps. I had a wedding to go to last night and with all my recent traveling I didn't really have much time to shop. Thank God for online shopping because I purchased my dress from my bed in a hotel room in North Carolina. But with shoes I don't really have that luxury. I knew I had to physically go to a store to try them on. I found a pair of cute black pumps at Kohls that would be perfect for any dress so I pounced on them. I always first try a size 8 and then I either go up or down a half size depending on how badly my heel slips out. Well the 8 fit me pretty snugly and my toes were not all too happy. The whole front of my foot felt too squished so there was no doubt that I had to move up to the 8.5. And of course, in true Kohls style, they didn't have my size in the color I wanted so I ended up buying online anyway. But I knew I was safe with this purchase because I went to the store to first try them on. They would be perfect for sure.

It's now time to get dressed for the wedding and yes, I waited until the very last second to put on my outfit and head out the door. Luckily the dress fit (literally) like a glove and the shoes, well, not so much. I could barely walk out the door due to the fact that they suddenly felt a whole size too big. Just great.

We drove straight to the pharmacy on route to the wedding. I bought a pair of heel liners and unfortunately they barely made a difference. Maybe if I doubled or tripled them up I would have had a chance of not walking out of the stupid things. It was a very difficult night of trying like heck to keep my shoes on. I HATE that.



This afternoon I found myself in Marshalls looking for a new purse. Now that it's Fall I can no longer get away with toting around my sunshine bright yellow purse. So instead I got a pink one ;-) Anyway, I took a quick stroll through the shoe department and found what just may be the answer to my skinny heel problems. These may look ridiculous off my feet, but I love the concept. They actually stretch to accommodate your heel, no matter what size that heel may be. The stretchy fabric makes them snug. Oh, I have very high hopes for these things. I can't wait to build an outfit around them and take them for a test drive.

1 comment:

tina said...

great shoes! i definatly can't wear these type of shoes because they cut into my heel. i have to start at a shoe size 10 and have to go up from there if it is available.