Monday, November 14, 2011

Tree Removal With Karlo

We still have not cleaned the yard from the hurricane and now we have tons more clean up to do from this past snow storm. We will ever catch up? In order to help speed things up a bit I offered to help out.

Here's the scenario . . . Karlo is operating the chainsaw. Paula is driving the Jeep (that will help to persuade the tree to fall in desired direction).

Here's the conversation:

P: Are you sure that tree is not going to fall on me?
K: If we do it right it will be a very slow process.
P: And if we don't do it right?
K: Then it will be a disaster!

Just for the record it was NOT a very slow process and there was some desperate yells of "GO GO GO!!!" coming out of Karlo (which of course scared me to death and sent the Jeep wheels into a spin on the slippery snow), but thankfully it did not result in a disaster. The tree fell just where we had intended with no damage to the shed, the Jeep, or more importantly ME.


I did of course get hurt later on, but that was my own doing. I got into a little brawl with a branch and I think I lost. Maybe I'm not cut out to be  lumberjack after all.

1 comment:

tina said...

no one else cuts down trees quite like you two...it cracks me up.