Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 44 in Photos

#303
The single most dreadful day of my life. One Halloween that I will never forget and I'm not going to relive the story here. This was taken from my father's window. It's the ambulance coming to take him away in the afternoon. He passed away later that night.

#304
We had no power at work still so Karlo and I spent the day keeping busy to occupy my mind. We removed that tree that was threatening to crush our shed. This is a story for another blog posting . . .

#305
Who knew my brother wore glasses? I thought he looked so cute I needed to capture it 'on film.' And besides, this was way less depressing than taking a picture of the funeral home or the casket choices.

#306
This was a good sign to spot a CL&P guy and a tree truck in front of our house. One of the huge branches hanging on the power lines was our own tree. I was very happy to see it taken down and even happier to see the power restored later this night.

#307
A very sad day indeed - my father's funeral. We had a special military service at the cemetery and it was amazing. Rifle men, a trumpet player playing Taps, and two uniformed Air Force men presenting the flag to my nephew John. It was the first time in my life that I ever felt a true sense of pride that my father served our country in the military. It was very touching.

#308
And then we traveled to New Jersey for the same meditation event that I went to in Atlanta this past Spring. This time it was Karlo's turn to get 'initiated' if that's the right word. For me it was a long and grueling ordeal of being slave labor. As if going through the event the first time wasn't hard enough, this was torture.

#309
And speaking of torture, Karlo despises crowds (almost as much as he despises New Jersey) and look at him here (in the red shirt) smack in the middle of 400 people - and he was smiling about it too! I do hope we both found a little more enlightenment after those very long two days.

No comments: