Saturday, April 18, 2009

Oh the Thrill

What a fine Saturday morning. Karlo is home after being away all last week and the hounds and I are happy to have him back. Although, I would like to report that I woke up feeling sore this morning. I declared yesterday a holiday (the first day of 70 degree temps) and took half a vacation day. I did nothing but lounge in the sun on the back deck. No working-out for me, just a day of relaxation. And yet, I woke up sore. Now why is that? It's because Karlo is back and after being gone for a week he needed to catch up on his hugs and squeezes = pain for Paula. All his bear hugs and wrestling moves made me feel like a built a stone wall yesterday. Wait a minute, even that didn't make me sore. So you can imagine what it's like to be on the receiving end of Karlo's affections—it's painful!

But on a brighter note, yesterday afternoon I did my first real kiln firing. After 2 practice runs and an emergency trip to the pottery store I thought I was finally ready. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning today. I couldn't wait to run down to the basement and peek inside the kiln. This is what I saw. Everything turned out perfect! What a relief. So who wants to come over and paint pottery with me????

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I forgot to comment on this post and say YAY!!! See? I knew you could do it! They're adorable. Congratulations.