Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm Back

 

Goodbye Orlando, hello home! Unfortunately I flew home alone while Karlo took off to LA for a few days. I sure don't envy him. LA is one of my least favorite travel destinations. I can't complain about the Florida gig. Of all my work travels, this trip is always a pleasant one. This year was even better because it took place one week earlier than normal so my yoga business wasn't quite as crazy. That made a big difference in my stress level.

I didn't get much free time to keep up with my blog so I will attempt to recap the trip here . . .

I managed the booth set up all by myself this year while Karlo stayed at work and arrived the next day. Luckily I had my usual team of labor and things went smoothly.


We finished the set up in one day which meant I earned a day of freedom (well, at least half a day of freedom) to go out and have some fun. Karlo and I took our annual trip to the outlets and shopped for a few hours. I was in Heaven and Karlo was a good sport. He worked hard telling me all the reasons why he hated just about every I picked out. We finally settled on a new outfit for me that we both liked. Boy was that a lot of work.


All of our nights were spent in great restaurants having amazing meals. We really had some fun nights and we were treated to some delicious foods and wine. Boy do I miss that now that I'm back home, starving, in an empty house :-(


The work portion of the week was cool and, as always, we got to see some pretty neat cars and talk to lots of interesting people. I just couldn't take my eyes off the paint job on the Viper I'm standing near in the picture above. By the end of the show we were starting to get a little silly. Here we are arm wrestling. Notice that I'm completely suspended in air. I think my elbow is still sore from that stunt.



We spent all day Sunday relaxing by the pool, waiting for our early evening flights. It was nice to just kill a day without the guilt of feeling that I should be doing a million other things. There's plenty of time for that now that I'm home . . .

3 comments:

tina said...

OMG i was laughing so hard when i saw the photo of the topiary sitting on the reindeer because as i was reading and scrolling down i was expecting to see a photo of you in your new outfit...NOT

lgaumond said...

Welcome back! My dad was very sad when I told him you were in FL for this trade show and you didn't take him.

Unknown said...

T, I'm planning to wear it to the company xmas party. I'll be sure to get a picture for your review ;-)

Lisa, you should TOTALLY get with your mom and plan a surprise trip for your father. Getting into this show would be a dream for him and I'm his ticket in!!!