Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Shopping Craze

I'm ready for it all to be over. I'm on both ends of the shopping craziness and I've had it. As a consumer it can be frustrating and exhausting. I just spent the last few minutes trying to track down an email from an order that I placed on Thanksgiving and have yet to receive the item. Of course it's a gift and it just makes me wonder how many other things I ordered and never got . . . and don't even know it because I can't keep track of all my shopping.

One purchase, however, I kept good track of. Remember my story about my 'old lady coat' and how I was going to buy a new one and charge it to Karlo? Well, I did. The very next day I fell in love with and purchased this coat...


I was so excited to hear that it would be delivered by Christmas. It was going to be a bonus gift for me. Yeah! And then imagine my dissapointment when this ugly thing arrived on our front porch yesterday.


Granted the photo and the lighting are horrific, but so is the coat. Does that look ANYTHING like the one I bought? I could scream. It also arrived with no paperwork and there's no way in Hell I'm paying to ship it back, nor will I drive to a store. So it will be days of back and fourth with customer service to settle this. The coat is hardly worth the aggravation.

I can't really be too hard on the poor customer service people because I know this sort of stuff happens. I am also in the middle of trying to figure out why my warehouse shipped an order for a Michigan customer to Florida. sigh. I really look forward to the end of the holiday season.


1 comment:

tina said...

oh, that is just so wrong! the coat looks nothing like the photo.