Friday, June 25, 2010

Green Valley Arts Gallery Openings

Getting ready for the opening of the gallery for this season. I'll have the 'shack' open to the public one Saturday per month from June to September (maybe even October too). I've been very busy getting the place ready. Not only did we make those little 'shack improvements,' but I've been busy bringing in artwork from other local artists and getting it all displayed. The shack is actually starting too look like a real gallery now thanks to the additions from 'real' artists. I'm very excited to be displaying and selling these new pieces and I hope you have a chance this summer to come and check it out.

Please note that tomorrow's opening is going to be low key. I have to close up shop ASAP to get to my niece and nephew's graduation party. I still can not believe that Nicole is going to high school next year and John will be off to college. How did this happen so quickly? My nephew will be Husky . . . and practically my neighbor in September. How exciting.

So anyway, the gallery will be open for business tomorrow, but all the other dates will be more of a party. We are hoping to have guests not only see the gallery, but also pack coolers, bring chairs, and spend the day visiting. We have horse shoes now and with any luck we'll add the bocce and ladder toss games to the yard. Really looking forward to seeing friends over the course of the next 3 months . . .

No comments: