Sunday, June 20, 2010

Home Improvement Projects

Picking up where I left off in my last post . . . We did manage to get a few things done while I suffered through my miserable sinus infection. I thought maybe the sight of flowers instead of weeds in our big wooden container would make me feel better so I finally scraped away the weeds and inserted these. Much better, I must say.

We also decided it was time to install the horse shoe stuff that we bought last year. It took us 6 months to decide where to put it in the yard, but we finally settled on setting it up near the fire pit. We haven’t actually thrown any horse shoes yet, but eventually we’ll get around to testing it out. For now I just like to look at the pretty sand boxes that Karlo made.



It’s also that time of the year to clean out and set up our little outdoor pond - no, not the big one, my tiny little goldfish pond. It’s been a frustrating ordeal trying to buy the fish that go into it. We drove all over the place with no luck. In the meantime we were at a little festival in Eastford where Karlo spotted the perfect fish for me. He was so pleased with himself that he found me a fish that I can’t kill.

What he didn’t know was that within 2 minutes of him letting me hold it (while he drilled the hole into the dock post) that I would accidentally drop the bottom piece right off the dock and into the water. Thirty minutes of trying to locate it and fish it out of the pond until we finally gave up and found a broom handle to hang it off of. Something that was supposed to make me so happy made me so upset for being such a ding dong. But now that he’s up and flying I do get a kick out of watching him. Especially given the fact that I have since found my ‘real’ fish and they are now happily swimming in the little pond. I won’t torture you with those bad pictures again.

2 comments:

tina said...

i have another great outdoor inexpensive game named ladder ball.
it is so much fun and you can buy it at expect or job lot for $20.

Unknown said...

Thanks T, I know what game that is. I'll have to look for one the next time I get to the store.