Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Recap



What a busy and fun day Saturday was. We scrambled around in the morning getting ready for the gallery opening. After we got the power on, signs up, flag hung, accessories and last minute things brought out we were ready to roll. That’s when Karlo and I started our argument as to what he was going to do for the next four hours. Now the day before we had a conversation where I told him that I was so looking forward to the gallery open hours because it was going to give us a chance to just kick back, relax, hang out, and do nothing (with no guilt). I told him that I wanted us to set aside those hours to not worry about, or worse yet, do any house chores. He never even commented on these wishes of mine and silly me . . . I thought he was agreeing, but in reality he wasn’t even listening to a word I said. So at 10 o’clock when he insists that he can’t ‘waste four hours sitting around’ and he wanted to get started staining the spindles on the deck, I wanted to choke him. Asking him to grab a book and a lawn chair and just hang around with me was apparently asking too much. But I won the battle and he reluctantly dragged a chair out and we ended up having the most lovely four hours.

We had a hour before our first visitor and during that time we both read a little, and talked, and brainstormed crafty ideas, and planned our next vacation. I even had WiFi in the shack so we could surf a little. It was great. Then we threw the horse shoes for a while until our first guests arrived. We visited and had fun until the next guests arrived. Before we knew it, we were busy non-stop visiting with friends for the next three hours and it was time to close up shop and fly down to Haddam for the family get-together. I wanted to cruise down in this . . .

But instead we took the motorcycle and the ride down was beautiful. The party was a blast. I was very delinquent taking pictures because I was too busy feeding my face, playing volleyball, and catching up with my family. Here’s the only picture I took of my new little buddy.


It was the perfect day. And THANK YOU Penni for sending us home with a week’s worth of delicious food! Yummy. We took off from Haddam after 6 PM and set the GPS for home. It took us on a completely new route that was spectacular. Almost the entire route was uncharted roads for me and it was so scenic the whole way. I had a ball on the back of the bike.

Sunday was much more low key, mostly due to the tremendous amount of pain I’m in due to a pinched nerve in my back. This has been going on now for over a week and I’m at wits end. I tried to force myself to have a normal day by starting with yoga, but that unfortunately didn’t go so well. I couldn't really do it and it brought me to uncontrollable sobbing - not only due to the pain, but due to the fact that this is happening to me at the beginning of the summer. Why is this happening? I hate it. Then I forced myself to drive my own motorcycle for a lovely 30 mile loop. I did this to test the waters to see if there’s any chance in the world that we can take our 2 day weekend motorcycle tour that we had planned for my birthday. Jury is still out on that one and we are quickly running out of days to make a decision.

I did a lot of lounging around and feeling sorry for myself. The most excitement of the day was watching Cooper get his first bath. Peanut got one too and they were both good sports. I think they really enjoyed the cool and refreshing dunk in the water. Oh, and the next most exciting thing that happened was buying a bocce set and a badminton net for the next gallery opening. Hope you can make it!

2 comments:

tina said...

so glad the opening went well and what is that honda thing??

Unknown said...

Oh, my neighbors drove up the road in that cool Honda ATV on steroids. What a neat little machine that is. I want one :-)