Monday, March 26, 2007

My Not-So-Glamorous Life on the Road

Do any of you wonder what exactly I do when I travel for business? Yeah, there may be lots of stories about 5 star hotels, fine dining and fun nights out - that part may be true. But there's a whole lot of long, hard crappy work too. I thought I would take this opportunity to show you exactly what I do when I'm on the road.

When I arrive to the show floor it looks something like this:

I have to use drawings like this to figure out what the heck goes where:

After over 8 long hours of hard manual labor, the booth looks something like this:

Then, after 2.5 days of working our tails off, the booth looks something like this:

At this point, I'm exhuasted and ready to go home, but no such luck. Now it's time to work the booth during the trade show for 9 hours a day for 4 days. And when the show is over, guess what we have to do next? That's right . . . . we gotta pack that whole booth back up into the 26 crates that it came in. A packing nightmare to say the least.

OK, we did manage to get out and see some sunshine. Karlo and I got to take a little trip to Santa Monica Beach on Sunday for some much needed time out away from the booth. But now it's back to work.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Sigh... a sunny beach. I wish I were there with you now instead of here in crappy Connecticut, even if it is hard work, at least it's far from here.