Wednesday, March 28, 2007

One More Day

Almost done with this LA gig . . . . one more day of working the show then we get to tear down the booth tomorrow night. From there it's off to the airport. Can't wait to go home - despite the fact that we are nearly 'homeless.'

I am sick of this place and I'm seriously missing our poochies. Lisa has been posting photos of the hounds on her blog and reading it has been the highlight of our week. If you want to see some cuteness, check this out.

But on a brighter note, this trip has put some things into perspective for me. As usual, travelling makes me appreciate home all that much more. This place is crazy. For instance, check out the prices of breakfast food here in this hotel:

Orange Juice . . . . $5.75
Assorted Cereal (this means those tiny boxes) . . . $7.50
Muffin . . . . $5.75
Toasted Bagel . . .$6.00
Pancakes . . . $14.00
Three Egg Omelet . . . $18.50

OK, you get the picture. Can you imagine? Insane!

Gas costs $3.35 and the best part is talking to the locals. Here I am stressed out that I'm turning our current amazingly stress-free 10 mile commute into an amazingly stress-free 20 mile commute. To me this is dreadful. Well, after talking to some folks out here, I realize that I'm nuts. Some of these folks have a 80 - 100 mile commute IN CALIFORNIA TRAFFIC which is one step above being in hell. I can honestly say that I'm going home with a changed attitude toward our new house in the middle of nowhere.

And I'll leave you with one last dreamy thought. We are staying at the Wilshire Grand Hotel, which is right up the road from the Staples Center - the place where the Grammys where held. Now you KNOW the entire downtown LA area was crawling with music celebs that night. So I'm wondering . . . . WHO slept in my room?? Maybe it was STING! Yeah, I'm going with that.

No comments: